Hi Russ, the HF drivers probably only extend to 15,000 khz and the tweeters are for the UHF's up to 20,000 khz or beyond depending on the tweeter.Most large format drivers only go to 15k hz Regards![]()
I can't read the Japanese text that was with this photo.....
Anybody see this before?
I'm almost certain these are not stock. Woofers don't even look Altec, but what intrigues me is the little (EV?) "super-tweeter". Why-o-why would one need to ad a tweeter to an A4 system? Curious.
![]()
They were probably too good, and the tweeters were added in an effort to de-tune them to more "average" standards. I can't think of any other reason to add T-35/K-77 to anything.Why-o-why would one need to ad a tweeter to an A4 system?
Wishful thinking for T-35/K-77(Crites' modded versions do a bit better)and the tweeters are for the UHF's up to 20,000 khz or beyond depending on the tweeter
Just my .02 y'all understand.....................
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Are those 805 horns? If so, I wonder how high they actually go? 12K tops, would be my guess.
A JBL 2404 or 2405 might be a better tweeter for this rig. Has anyone here heard the 2408?

They were added probably to try and extend the HF now if the tweeter can actually go that high is another thread entirely.
My point was the owner was just trying to get more top end out of this system (i.e. by adding the tweeter) could he have chosen a better tweet Absolutely IMHO !!!![]()
I know a little off-topic but I tried Crites' CT-125 replacements for the K-77/T-35's in my Cornwall I's and after a few months I opted for the originals, albeit with Crites' replacements diaphragms. They just sounded better-integrated with the midrange horn and woofer, though by itself I would accept the K-77 doesn't have the same high end.
Ditto with the Crites crossovers: I went back to the Klipsch Type B's for the same reason. Personal preference only-Bob Crites and his son provide highly-regarded products and personal service through heir website.
Jon Archibald
Bookmarks